Main > The Library

The Templars, book recomendation.

(1/2) > >>

Sir Nate:
The Templars by Piers paul Read, is a great book(although I have not finished it) That covers alot of history. Its first 2 chapters are setting up for what caused the first crusade and then to why the Templars or Poor fellpw soldiers of christ formed. It not only talks about there military prowess but all the key people, what thy did and there political power.
It also includes maps of areas and what they looked like during that time.
"The Dramatic history of the knights Templar. The most powerful military order of the crusades."

Ian:
If you're interested in going hardcore... the definitive book on the Templars is the English translation of the original Rule of the Templars.  Basically the regulations that governed the Order.

http://www.amazon.com/Templars-Studies-History-Medieval-Religion/dp/0851157017

Sir Nate:
Wow, That's awesome. I may order that soon since I am going to be ordering some stuff. (double wrap belt, Finally, and basically just clothes)

Sir Rodney:
Yet another book added to my wish list!

Sir James A:
Barbara Frale's discovery, "The Chinon Parchment", is extremely important Templar material as well. I have a few books on the shelf I haven't cracked open yet, but some Templar-ism is on the menu for 2014 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version