Main > The Library

Medieval Documentaries

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Nate:
Mike loades will be feasting on the blood of farbs this night.
Lol I love loades whatever he is in.

LionPride32:
I'm always on youtube watching documentaries. They tons of great medieval shows. The Crescent and the Cross is a good one, and I also recommed the History of Britian shows, I think there's. Ten episodes. From the first saxon kings through William the conquerer, the Angevin Empire, Black Death and Hundred yrs war.....so much awesome stuuf, I learned so much and loved it!!

Sir Rodney:
I remember high school history classes being mind numbingly boring (and I was really interested in medieval history even then).

Wouldn’t it be something if they made those high school classes as interesting as the shows referenced above?  More people might pay attention, grow up, assume positions of political power, and NOT repeat the same mistakes over and over again. 

Wishful thinking, I know.   ::)

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2014-04-01, 04:33:25 ---I remember high school history classes being mind numbingly boring (and I was really interested in medieval history even then).

Wouldn’t it be something if they made those high school classes as interesting as the shows referenced above?  More people might pay attention, grow up, assume positions of political power, and NOT repeat the same mistakes over and over again. 

Wishful thinking, I know.   ::)

--- End quote ---

You would think so...when I was a history teacher I showed documentaries like that all the time but because they had to write reflection papers or essays to compare and contrast, vocab scavenger hunting (listen for the documentary to explain/define a term and write it down), etc...they found it awful and still didnt do the work...how much they learned we will never know...I tried though, I tried...

Aiden of Oreland:
My history teacher brings in hundreds of artifacts. He even lets us hold them. They are mostly Civil War, WW1 and WW2 era stuff. Brings in uniforms, helmets, gas masks, etc. He shows us documentaries some times. He is by far my favourite history teacher in the school. Very passionate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version