Main > The Armoury

14th Century armor - breastplate, spaulders, arms, cuisses... with a twist

<< < (3/7) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2014-03-20, 04:06:22 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-03-19, 13:00:39 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2014-03-19, 03:53:02 ---There’s going to be a 10 year old running around with a kit like that?!    :'(

--- End quote ---

Potentially many 10 year olds. This will be a great set of demo armor to take to our shows! Huzzah! :)

--- End quote ---

That’s wonderful news!

I have to admit the first thought that came to my mind was all the beautiful pictures of Wade’s armour designed for his son.  Then the thought of two children running around with kits most of us can only dream of depressed me.   :-[

Now the news that this will be a teaching aid at events and that many children will be exposed to the real thing made me very happy indeed.  :)

--- End quote ---

One, that kid makes me jealous. Two, that'd be a great demo piece! Instead of just telling them about it they can live it! Spreading chivalry will be that much easier. Plus the kid won't forget about trying on some armor ;)

Sir Douglas:
That's pretty cool indeed! Lucky kids....
Though, the thought that the kids will probably grow out of their armor in a year or two makes me want to cry. Hopefully they'll take care of it and pass it on to their kids!

I had once actually considered making a child-sized version of one of my helms to take with me to events to let kids try on. Only problem is I don't know any children and have no idea how big it would have to be. Hanging out at the local park trying to measure kids' heads would probably be frowned upon. ;)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2014-03-20, 04:25:43 ---Hanging out at the local park trying to measure kids' heads would probably be frowned upon. ;)

--- End quote ---

Parent #1: Who is that creepy guy with a tape measure and set of calipers?

Parent #2: No idea. But I'm sure he's harmless.

I'm sure line #2 would not happen. :)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-20, 04:13:27 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2014-03-20, 04:06:22 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-03-19, 13:00:39 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2014-03-19, 03:53:02 ---There’s going to be a 10 year old running around with a kit like that?!    :'(

--- End quote ---

Potentially many 10 year olds. This will be a great set of demo armor to take to our shows! Huzzah! :)

--- End quote ---

That’s wonderful news!

I have to admit the first thought that came to my mind was all the beautiful pictures of Wade’s armour designed for his son.  Then the thought of two children running around with kits most of us can only dream of depressed me.   :-[

Now the news that this will be a teaching aid at events and that many children will be exposed to the real thing made me very happy indeed.  :)

--- End quote ---

One, that kid makes me jealous. Two, that'd be a great demo piece! Instead of just telling them about it they can live it! Spreading chivalry will be that much easier. Plus the kid won't forget about trying on some armor ;)

--- End quote ---

They've been trying on armor at previous demos, but always have the "whoa it's so heavy" or "so huge" effect. One kid had a vambrace on as a greave and it was still oversized. Can't keep propogating that myth!

Allan said he used to do similar demos with schools, and kids from middle school would see him years later when they are in high school and say "hey you're the guy that brought the armor! i still remember that, it was awesome!".

Sir William:
Nice set of armor by the way Sir James.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version