Main > The Armoury

Polearms

(1/2) > >>

Sir James A:
Finally finished up some polearms work, figured I would post a picture.

#1 is a Windlass pollaxe that I got a few years ago, but the haft it comes with was pretty short. Total length was at or below 6 feet, and didn't look very intimidating. It was a good amount of effort just to get it off the original haft. I was unable to find any hardwood in a decent size for the handle, so I laminated two 3/4" boards together and then shaved it down. I also angled down the 90* corners so it is a more "hex" shaped haft instead of square.

#2 is a head from overseas (Czech? I forget specifically where) that I bought from Dr Metz months ago. It needed some cleaning, and a new haft. It came with a small section of the old one as reference. I chose to leave this one with a rounded haft instead of octagonal for a number of reasons; I had one already, it isn't sharp enough to cut with, it won't be used for combat, and I don't have a planer; the Windlass one I did on a belt sander and I'm not 100% happy with it.

Both are finished with a basic poly sealant, I did not stain them.

http://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1538663_10202829152386517_272414686_n.jpg
(doesn't seem to let me embed from the Book of Faces)

Sir Rodney:
Nice!  You’re making me wish for this horrific winter to be over so I can get into my (unheated) shop and play.  Yep, we’re still below freezing up here.  :(

Sir Nate:
Gimme.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2014-03-17, 03:15:39 ---Nice!  You’re making me wish for this horrific winter to be over so I can get into my (unheated) shop and play.  Yep, we’re still below freezing up here.  :(

--- End quote ---

My shop is unheated too, we just have bi-polar weather that was in the high 60s/low 70s over the weekend, whereas it's in the 30s today and we just got 8-10" of snow.

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-03-18, 01:04:06 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2014-03-17, 03:15:39 ---Nice!  You’re making me wish for this horrific winter to be over so I can get into my (unheated) shop and play.  Yep, we’re still below freezing up here.  :(

--- End quote ---

My shop is unheated too, we just have bi-polar weather that was in the high 60s/low 70s over the weekend, whereas it's in the 30s today and we just got 8-10" of snow.

--- End quote ---

I want I workshop one day...

It seems Mr. Heat Miser and Snow Miser are at it again. Time to give Mother Nature a call.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version