Main > The Armoury

Getting Into My Basics

<< < (8/9) > >>

Lord Dane:
Nice design.

Sir Martyn:
Looking good, Aiden!

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-04-15, 21:57:14 ---I just bought some wool fabrics! They aren't heavily textured and to be honest I don't know how they should look or feel texture wise, but its wool either way I suppose. Time to start crafting! I think I will start with the chausses, then the tunic, then the cowl. I just hope it all looks good together in the end. Dark green chausses, tan tunic, dark brown cowl, and natural color shoes and a brown leather belt. If not I can always make other colors to match the other articles of clothing. I will be sure to give pictures of the progress. I am following a generic chausses design for I don't think there is a specific way they were made. But I'll practice on none expensive fabric first then show you guys the progress on the real thing.

--- End quote ---

before you cut anything. WASH IT THAT MATERIAL! it's going to shrink.  wash it in cold and air dry it or fluff dry no heat in the dryer. if u cut something and make something first, and then wear it, then wash it, it will be to small and the seams will pucker

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2014-05-10, 02:30:11 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-04-15, 21:57:14 ---I just bought some wool fabrics! They aren't heavily textured and to be honest I don't know how they should look or feel texture wise, but its wool either way I suppose. Time to start crafting! I think I will start with the chausses, then the tunic, then the cowl. I just hope it all looks good together in the end. Dark green chausses, tan tunic, dark brown cowl, and natural color shoes and a brown leather belt. If not I can always make other colors to match the other articles of clothing. I will be sure to give pictures of the progress. I am following a generic chausses design for I don't think there is a specific way they were made. But I'll practice on none expensive fabric first then show you guys the progress on the real thing.

--- End quote ---

before you cut anything. WASH IT THAT MATERIAL! it's going to shrink.  wash it in cold and air dry it or fluff dry no heat in the dryer. if u cut something and make something first, and then wear it, then wash it, it will be to small and the seams will pucker

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't even consider that. Maybe it has been a good thing I haven't been able to get started yet do to school work, would have not washed it and would have used polyester thread instead of linen thread. I sure hope I get this done soon, that way I can get onto, wait for it... Another project!

Thorsteinn:
When those shoes die (and it may take a while) go for completely flat bottom shoes. It will do wonders for your sword form. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version