Main > The Armoury

Getting Into My Basics

<< < (7/9) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-04-10, 01:28:28 ---EDIT: Was it practiced to wear a surcoat just over the gambeson without Maille?

--- End quote ---

Sure, you can do that. It wouldn't have been done frequently, but there might be times when you don't want to fully harness up, but still want your colors.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-04-10, 13:00:50 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-04-10, 01:28:28 ---EDIT: Was it practiced to wear a surcoat just over the gambeson without Maille?

--- End quote ---

Sure, you can do that. It wouldn't have been done frequently, but there might be times when you don't want to fully harness up, but still want your colors.

--- End quote ---

But be careful, if they see you without mail. They will get their revenge.

I think it would be good for medieval political occasions

Aiden of Oreland:
I just bought some wool fabrics! They aren't heavily textured and to be honest I don't know how they should look or feel texture wise, but its wool either way I suppose. Time to start crafting! I think I will start with the chausses, then the tunic, then the cowl. I just hope it all looks good together in the end. Dark green chausses, tan tunic, dark brown cowl, and natural color shoes and a brown leather belt. If not I can always make other colors to match the other articles of clothing. I will be sure to give pictures of the progress. I am following a generic chausses design for I don't think there is a specific way they were made. But I'll practice on none expensive fabric first then show you guys the progress on the real thing.

Aiden of Oreland:
My very first medieval shoes came in! That was fast! They said it may take 2 weeks because of the vibram soles but I guess they already had a pair with them on it in my size! Very comfortable, nice looking and well fitted. Sadly I don't know any medieval knots, so if anyone knows any that they wouldn't mind sharing that would be great :) I now can truly tread on my medieval path in these new shoes!

Sir James A:
Excellent!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version