Main > The Armoury

Getting Into My Basics

<< < (6/9) > >>

Don Jorge:
Is that the 14th century set?

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Don Jorge on 2014-03-24, 20:14:47 ---Is that the 14th century set?

--- End quote ---

13th century, 13th century braies were longer than 14th and this shirt is based on the St. Louis one, which dates back to 1250.

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-24, 20:09:33 ---Coifs are pretty damn easy to make. Even I, who has very little sewing skill, was able to make one in an hour. You shouldn't have a problem. Now I can't wait to get home from work and open up my package from HE that finally arrived.

--- End quote ---

Be sure to share and show pics!

EDIT: I forgot that points aren't included in any purchases so now it looks like I have to buy some, or just buy shoe laces and put Chapes on them. I suppose I could just order some garters and points.

Aiden of Oreland:
I think I am going to order some 13/14th century shoes tonight from Viking leather crafts in a natural color with the vibram. I am a size 11 ish but methinks I'll get a size 12 so I have room to grow and for my chausses. Plus these will be good for my late 13th and 14th century foot wear :)

Don Jorge:
Awesome...frank is great :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Aiden of Oreland:
Ordered it! Now I just have to ACTUALLY get to making my clothes, I simply have just not had any time with school. Also I'm still with out a permit or license(could have had either one by now) and the only way to get down to the store is if my folks drive me, but they don't have time either. I would order it but I want to physically feel and see the fabrics my self. Will probably drive down to Philly. Hopefully this spring break I'll make some cash and order a gambeson and kettle helm. Maybe even the Knightly sword from Albion's squire line products.

EDIT: Was it practiced to wear a surcoat just over the gambeson without Maille?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version