Main > The Armoury

Getting Into My Basics

<< < (3/9) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-03-20, 00:55:25 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-20, 00:36:52 ---
--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-19, 18:11:40 ---They had it on their page, but a day later they called me to say one of the items was out of stock. At least its on its way to me now. The anticipation is killing me.

--- End quote ---

Well, I should say hopefully Monday, I didn't get any calls about it. But there is always that chance it'll come later. Btw, what did you get?

Does anyone have recommendations for 13th century German shoes? I was looking at one from Viking leather crafts, but from what I could see, they had slippery bottoms. I'm not going to make my own, yet, I'm not skilled or patient enough lol.

--- End quote ---

If you don't mind the ahistorical vibram sole they can attach for you at Viking Leathercrafts, they won't slip.  My viking leathercraft shoes have the rubber sole on them for that express purpose.

--- End quote ---

Yep, what Sir Ian said. Vibram sole was $10 extra, or lugged sole for $25.

Mike W.:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-20, 00:36:52 --- Btw, what did you get?

--- End quote ---

I got the underwear package, a kyrtle, and some tight black hoes, uh... I mean, hose.

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-03-20, 01:59:02 ---
--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-03-20, 00:55:25 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-20, 00:36:52 ---
--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-19, 18:11:40 ---They had it on their page, but a day later they called me to say one of the items was out of stock. At least its on its way to me now. The anticipation is killing me.

--- End quote ---

Well, I should say hopefully Monday, I didn't get any calls about it. But there is always that chance it'll come later. Btw, what did you get?

Does anyone have recommendations for 13th century German shoes? I was looking at one from Viking leather crafts, but from what I could see, they had slippery bottoms. I'm not going to make my own, yet, I'm not skilled or patient enough lol.

--- End quote ---

If you don't mind the ahistorical vibram sole they can attach for you at Viking Leathercrafts, they won't slip.  My viking leathercraft shoes have the rubber sole on them for that express purpose.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Honest question, what's the difference between the vibram and the lugged? Personally, I want a shoe that is historical. Because I plan to have spurs.

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-20, 03:22:51 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-20, 00:36:52 --- Btw, what did you get?

--- End quote ---

I got the underwear package, a kyrtle, and some tight black hoes, uh... I mean, hose.

--- End quote ---

Lol, wool or linen? Plus I almost got the chausses except I didn't like the color selection for the wools. So I'm making my own because its rather easy.

Mike W.:
I got the wool hose. I made myself a pair of linen hose, but they don't stretch very well and they wear down quickly at the heel. Good luck with yours. It's not as easy as it seams,... I mean seems.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-20, 03:58:40 ---
--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-03-20, 01:59:02 ---
--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-03-20, 00:55:25 ---If you don't mind the ahistorical vibram sole they can attach for you at Viking Leathercrafts, they won't slip.  My viking leathercraft shoes have the rubber sole on them for that express purpose.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Honest question, what's the difference between the vibram and the lugged? Personally, I want a shoe that is historical. Because I plan to have spurs.

--- End quote ---

I had Vibram soles on a set of shoes I ordered from Revival Clothing a while back, and they did slip, just not as much as their plain leather soles. But it still required some caution. The lugged soles are the ones that will grip the ground like a modern shoe.

The difference is that the Vibram sole is a completely flat sole, with texture to give it some traction. It's synthetic, but from a distance won't stand out as being all that different from a flat piece of leather.

The "lugged" sole is a modern boot sole, complete with treads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version