Main > The Armoury

A suggestion for custom plate armor

<< < (4/6) > >>

Ian:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-02-22, 14:41:25 ---That's encouraging at least. But for now, I'm just going to work my way through the armor timeline. Starting out with the 11th century, then progressing to the 14th.

--- End quote ---

If it makes you feel any better, I've still got a piece being made for my harness and I started it in 2011. 

Ian:
speaking of which, Jeff sent me this photo this morning!  It's sitting on a plaster cast that Jeff made of me in 2011 that he luckily saved!

Sir Rodney:
Ian, you have me green with envy!   8)

My sabatons were semi-custom; made to a tracing of my feet.  To have pair that are truly custom (and beautiful) made by Jeff would be a dream!

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-02-22, 14:41:25 ---That's encouraging at least. But for now, I'm just going to work my way through the armor timeline. Starting out with the 11th century, then progressing to the 14th.

--- End quote ---

It's actually a really good way to do it. You basically keep building off a foundation as you go through the timeline. The only real difference is in the haubergeon vs hauberk, depending how far into the 14th you push.

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-02-22, 22:10:46 ---speaking of which, Jeff sent me this photo this morning!  It's sitting on a plaster cast that Jeff made of me in 2011 that he luckily saved!

--- End quote ---

He must have some kind of special spots for you. :) When I talked to him back in 2012 about getting a helmet fit over my gorget, it was a 1 year wait time and I think 2-3 month build time. Very nice!

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-02-22, 22:10:46 ---speaking of which, Jeff sent me this photo this morning!  It's sitting on a plaster cast that Jeff made of me in 2011 that he luckily saved!

--- End quote ---

OMG they aren't even done yet and they look gorgeous already!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version