Main > The Armoury

Helmet Question

<< < (4/8) > >>

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-02-13, 12:17:09 ---For A Crecy impression an open faced Bascinet is probably the most appropriate.

--- End quote ---

Sir Ian, for 1380-1400 French are there options besides Houndskull Bascinets? My wife gets the willies from the houndskull and I am looking at that period for my kit atm...Still spanish but from all I have read the spanish used French trends for their armor...if maybe with some latitude on the dating as they might have been up to 20 years behind the french...so really 1365-1390 French is more likely what a Spaniard would have worn.

Sorry to steal your thread Sir Patrick :)

Ian:

--- Quote from: Belemrys on 2014-02-13, 17:29:42 ---
--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-02-13, 12:17:09 ---For A Crecy impression an open faced Bascinet is probably the most appropriate.

--- End quote ---

Sir Ian, for 1380-1400 French are there options besides Houndskull Bascinets? My wife gets the willies from the houndskull and I am looking at that period for my kit atm...Still spanish but from all I have read the spanish used French trends for their armor...if maybe with some latitude on the dating as they might have been up to 20 years behind the french...so really 1365-1390 French is more likely what a Spaniard would have worn.

Sorry to steal your thread Sir Patrick :)

--- End quote ---

You always have the option of going visor-less.

You also might consider kettle-hat variations. 

Don Jorge:
A bretache wouldn't fly huh? Too early I think...

Edit: I found some in italy from 1371 and 1382...so maybe...I like the bretach fix making an open faced bascinet combat viable!

http://effigiesandbrasses.com/2811/2852/

http://effigiesandbrasses.com/2751/2851/

Ian:
Are you implying that an open-faced bascinet is not combat viable?

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-02-13, 18:12:45 ---Are you implying that an open-faced bascinet is not combat viable?

--- End quote ---

SCA and ACL combat is what I meant...I misspoke :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version