Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (16/56) > >>

Sir Brian:
Yep that would work very well! The only down side I could see is the heat factor would be
definately increased.  :-\

Sir Edward:

Well, here's what's afoot now.

I decided I need some poleyns and couters to add to this kit, and something a little better for the forearms and hands.

I placed an order with Merc's Tailor for the poleyns and couters, and also a set of splinted bracers (I went with the style that alternates the steel and brass, to be a nice accent with the helm's same combination of color). My plan is to taper the sleeves to meet at the elbow a little better, and I may also shorten the mail chausses to meet the top of the boot instead of inserting into it. I think I can free up the knee to move better and not fall apart all the time. I can always replace the knee portion with steel links too.

Now the thing I want to do is locate some good gaunts to go with this. I like the idea of these: (http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-68-mail-gauntlets.aspx), but they look cheap to me. Mail gauntlets with some sort of cuff that comes back a bit would be great. And I don't want mittens, because I'll be wearing them all day at faire. And of course, they need to fit over the new vambraces. Any suggestions? Or should I just make them? :)

Sir Wolf:
what if you drill holes in the top side of the vambraces and attached the mail gloves to them instead of the plate part? you'd have to take the plate portion off the gloves so the leather cuff can go under the vambraces

Sir Edward:
That's an idea. I wonder how far back the leather goes on those. I suppose they're cheap enough to experiment with.

Sir Wolf:
they look like the regular leather guantlets like you and i have, just the mail and plates or sewn on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version