Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (2/56) > >>

Sir Edward:
New regalia items... prick spurs and a white leather belt:

The downside of the spurs is that they're small enough that I'll only be able to use them with turnshoes or something similar, since they won't fit over my regular boots. I can bend them out a little, but they'd still have to be re-strapped to work that way. The rowel spurs I already have fit on the boots just fine, but I have a feeling I'll break them quickly if I start using them:

(heh, this post was #50, so the forum considers me a "knight" now) :)

Sir Edward:
Made attachments for the new spaulders, though I still need lower straps to keep them in place:

Sir Brian:
Wow! They look great! I use the simple leather lace tie down method too!
I like to keep it simple whenever possible.  ;)

Have you found the straps and buckles you need yet or
are you still looking?

I have a couple of sites book marked but I haven't bought anything yet to
replace the lowest strap of my leg harness.

Sir Edward:

Yeah, I wanted it to be easy for me to take on and off (I got sick of getting in and out of the mail with the spaulders more permanently attached). I should take a close-up shot of the spaulders; what you can't see is that I tied them onto a short leather strap (from a bag of cheap remnants from Michael's), to which I affixed a metal hook that I made from some 14g wire. That way I can just hook it to the "collar" of the mail. Still very simple.

I haven't found buckles etc yet. I know Wolf recommended dog collars, though I didn't see any I liked at Petsmart. If they were long enough, they had really big buckles, etc. Maybe I'll look at Walmart and see if I can find anything better.

Sir Edward:
Took a close-up of the spaulders. I made the straps a lot longer than you see here, having made several rows of holes so I could adjust where they sit. It just turns out that the shortest position is what works best. :)

(this one is clickable)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version