Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (36/56) > >>

Sir William:
There's a Knuut sleeveless hauberk, stainless, with an open front w/leather straps and buckles to close it.  Too big for me but one of you fine gents might have what it takes to modify it...I think the seller is a bit broader in the chest than all of us, save for Sir Brian perhaps.

Sir Ulrich:
I like the maille, it looks similar to my hauberk cept mines rather black and has a split in the front

Starting to think I should of gotten GDFB maille now as I find the metallic finish rather cool.

Sir Edward:

The GDFB stuff is starting out as somewhat blackened, but the black flakes off, so it's getting more metallic as time goes on. You can see that in the photo with both the haubergeon and hauberk, the haubergeon is a little lighter in color since I've used it.

The hauberk comes without the split, so you have to add it yourself.

Latest update-- I finished removing material from the front and back. I hope I didn't take out too much. With it pulling at you, it's hard to hold the front shut (with no lacing or anything) just to see how it's fitting. I'm going to try it on over a gambeson and lace it shut and see how it does. Worst case scenario, I open the back up again and add some material. But I think I have it sized down to 48" now. I'll double check. I just don't think I'll have time this weekend to do any of this yet.

Sir Ulrich:
Do the sleeves taper on it a bit? It looks like it tapers more than mine, then again even if mine tapered that much to fit my skinny arms I'd need to tailor it anyway.

Sir Edward:

Yep, it tapers from the armpit to the elbow area, and then it's a straight tube from there. I'll probably taper the wrist area a little more though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version