Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (33/56) > >>

Sir Wolf:
wow that is great news. can't wait to see it all done up. wonder why they discontinued all that stuff. it was such a great price too

Sir Edward:

Yeah, I guess the stainless wasn't selling as well, or maybe the cost of stainless steel shot up or something. They still have all the mild steel stuff, but dropped the stainless. At least Icefalcon still offers it.

Sir William:
Wow, nice looking mail you have there, Sir!

Sir Brian:
Very sweet! Congratulations! :)

Sir Edward:

Boy, riveting goes a lot slower than I was used to with my butted mail. I knew that would be the case, but yikes.

Anyway, over the course of the weekend I got a strip removed from the back, and closed the seam while leaving the back split open at the base. Now I need to remove material from the front, which will be a little harder since I have to preserve the neck opening. But my plan is to take a page from Sir James' book and leave the front open so I can put it on like a jacket. I want to put ties in the opening so that I can lace it shut with a little bit of overlap.

I'm also removing more material from the front than from the back, so that the back panel is wider (which it should be, to allow the arms to move forward more easily).

Once I've done those things, I'll start testing out the sleeves and see how much I need to lengthen them, and I'll also add expansions on the sides of the bottom edges. And then I'll replace those same expansions on my 14th c. haubergeon to replace the butted links I put on that one. I hope I have enough left over material to do these without linking too much myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version