Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (23/56) > >>

Sir Edward:

lol, no problem. Thanks for the head's up so I don't panic when I open the box! :)

Sir Edward:
The first box got here today. Man, these are some great parts.

The vambraces are a little big on me, at least on my bare arms, but there are of course some ways to deal with that. I can always cut it down by taking off a splint or two's worth on each. The buckles and straps give me plenty of room to work with. And I can always wear some sort of padding. The fit would be more correct if I were wearing full length sleeves in both a gambeson and the mail. I suppose I could always extend my mail sleeves. :)

The knees and elbows have a really great leather suspension that keeps them comfortable.

Allan did a really nice job reworking my B&B plates! A lot of the changes are subtle, adding some slot rivets, limiting straps, and some reshaping. I haven't had a chance to put it all on, but I can see just from holding it up to myself that it's a much more appropriate fit than how it was originally made. It should be much more comfortable now!

Sir Brian:
Looks great! Man I can't believe I have to wait three weeks to see the additions to your harness
in person!  :(

Oh well that might be the same time that Sir Wolf will make his appearance at the MDRF as well?  :)

Allan Senefelder:

--- Quote --- I can always cut it down by taking off a splint or two's worth on each.
--- End quote ---

Ed, thats exactly how they're designed, try them on over everything before making the final call on how many to cut down. Use the edge of the splints as a straight edge and just run an exacto knife down the edge. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give me a yell.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Allan Senefelder on 2009-09-01, 13:06:03 ---
--- Quote --- I can always cut it down by taking off a splint or two's worth on each.
--- End quote ---

Ed, thats exactly how they're designed, try them on over everything before making the final call on how many to cut down. Use the edge of the splints as a straight edge and just run an exacto knife down the edge. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give me a yell.

--- End quote ---

Brilliant! It's no wonder why I love your products!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version