Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (22/56) > >>

Allan Senefelder:
Ed. we'll be wrapping everything of yours up this weekend. I'll give you a yell to connect up on the CC info to sqaure up on the B&B and sallet portion and the lot will all head out in the same box week.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Allan Senefelder on 2009-08-18, 11:42:15 ---Ed. we'll be wrapping everything of yours up this weekend. I'll give you a yell to connect up on the CC info to sqaure up on the B&B and sallet portion and the lot will all head out in the same box week.

--- End quote ---

Excellent! Sounds great. :)

*jumping up and down excitedly*

Sir Edward:

As much as I've complained about leaving the 13th Century and entering the 14th, I'm actually pretty happy with early 14th. In fact, I'm starting to contemplate ideas for improving the arms and legs beyond just the simple mail that the 13th would require of me. Of course, I've started with the Merc's Tailor bits that will be here maybe this week, but soon I'll look into new spaulders, and I will re-evaluate the legs. I could even go with some splinted cuisses or reduce the length of the mail chausses to essentially be mail cuisses, and work in some splinted or simple plate greaves.

BTW, anyone here ever play Stronghold 2 on the computer? Fun little game! Their "swordsmen" are essentially early 14th century knights:

I could even deal with the slightly shorter surcoat, like that, I just need to brainstorm a little.

Just thinking aloud here. :)

Sir Brian:
Early to mid-14th Century has always been my favorite and you're right about the surcoat. I can't easily
find my online resources that discussed the variation and development of the surcoat in the middle ages,
but essentially the length of the surcoat become shorter during the 14th C. The next progression point
after the length of mine would have been to become even shorter and much tighter fitting over the
harness by approximately the 1370's. Prior to my 1330 -1350 period the surcoat would've been a
transition between the long and short surcoat. - i.e. short in the front and long in the back, sort of
like the old style tuxedoes with tails! ;)

I'll try harder to find those reference links for you.  :)

Allan Senefelder:
Ed, in a moment of tard perfection I ran your box out yesterday and posted it out, got back to the shoppe and saw your helmet and tassets sitting on my bench so they'll be going out today because i'm to stupid to have put them in the box with the rest of your stuff. Appologies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version