Main > The Armoury

Proper Medieval Footwear

<< < (7/10) > >>

scott2978:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-02-04, 22:31:20 ---A rand in between the vamps and the sole will help make the shoe more watertight, but it's definitely an issue.  Christian Cameron recently wore his harness in the snow with authentic turnshoes and said they held up quite well.  I've never done it myself.

If you're interested in making your own Doug, these two books are probably some of the best resources to get your started on proper construction and technique:
Shoes and Pattens
or
Stepping Through Time

--- End quote ---

+1 project... my Bohemond turn shoes are wearing out, now the quest for more accurate footwear begins...

Ian:
I haven't posted it yet because they're not done, but I've made my own turnshoes, and they feel so much better than any mass produced shoe I've bought that pretends to be medieval.  It's a nice intro to leatherwork as well.  I will write up a thread when I've got them done.

Sir Douglas:
I still have some left-over Amazon gift card cash, so I think I might nab one of those books you suggested. I'm almost a smart guy, I'm sure I could figure it out. I have so many darned projects planned, who knows when I'll actually get around to it. ::) At least I have my VL shoes to hold me for a while.

Aiden of Oreland:
Ok so im talking to nate and he says he apoligizes but he does not know of what you speak. He says he thought it was his own original joke to mess with people at renfaires. Like they see a nice kit look down and comment on footware choice.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: scott2978 on 2014-02-19, 23:45:22 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2014-02-05, 22:41:38 ---I actually enjoy wearing sneakers at my nearby renfaire as a joke.

--- End quote ---

I just noticed your quote Nate, what a fantastically obscure reference :)  I bet not many people get it without looking it up, but I just started over again after level 56, so it's fresh in my mind.

--- End quote ---

And I thought I had something special. Tell me, do you by chance reference wow death knight? Even so I don't understand, do tell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version