Main > The Armoury

Proper Medieval Footwear

<< < (6/10) > >>

Don Jorge:
So which one has a healess design? VLC or turnshoes?

Sir Humphrey:
Belemrys,

Both are healess designs.  The heal as we know it, did not appear until late in the Medieval period when welted sole shoes appeared.

Having said that, I added a piece of leather where a heal would normally be on the Viking shoes only because I could tell that the edges of the back sole would wear through quickly due to my gimpy leg on one side.  I can peal that off and replace it easily and prevent unecessary trips to the shoe repair.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Humphrey on 2014-02-06, 17:29:37 ---Belemrys,

Both are healess designs.  The heal as we know it, did not appear until late in the Medieval period when welted sole shoes appeared.

Having said that, I added a piece of leather where a heal would normally be on the Viking shoes only because I could tell that the edges of the back sole would wear through quickly due to my gimpy leg on one side.  I can peal that off and replace it easily and prevent unecessary trips to the shoe repair.

--- End quote ---

I believe Frank @ VLC will add a heel if requested. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think my lugged soles addition also has a heel. Default is no heel, though.. so if you hear conflicting info that "My VLC has a heel" and "mine doesn't" it's because it's optional.

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2014-02-06, 20:12:42 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Humphrey on 2014-02-06, 17:29:37 ---Belemrys,

--- End quote ---

I believe Frank @ VLC will add a heel if requested. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think my lugged soles addition also has a heel. Default is no heel, though.. so if you hear conflicting info that "My VLC has a heel" and "mine doesn't" it's because it's optional.

--- End quote ---

Makes sense! I thought I had heard his had heals.

scott2978:

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2014-02-05, 22:41:38 ---I actually enjoy wearing sneakers at my nearby renfaire as a joke.

--- End quote ---

I just noticed your quote Nate, what a fantastically obscure reference :)  I bet not many people get it without looking it up, but I just started over again after level 56, so it's fresh in my mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version