Main > The Armoury

Chain Mail

<< < (8/10) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:
I say do what you like, if you find that you do not need one than don't get one. Just go forth with consideration that's all. You can always buy a gambeson if you need one. just don't tailor your mail to your exact body shape, so if you find that you need some padding to relieve the stress, you'll have room.

Sir Nate:
They use real swords in reenacting don't they? Sign me up!

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-20, 17:07:04 ---I've been to the hospital twice due to reenacting. It just takes dedication to history!!!
(At least we don't go so far as to have period correct dysentery).

--- End quote ---

You have your standards, Sir Wolf has his. :D

Sir Ulrich:
Well when Elliot visited this week with me I got to handle some of his "allbeststuff" maille. It's better quality than Icefalcon. It didnt scratch me at all nor tear threads in my gambeson. Also the flat punched rings all face ONE way so it doesnt look as uneven. My battlemerchant and GDFB maille doesnt even do that. Only complaint is it isnt as tailored as my self tailored hauberk. I may just pick one hauberk with integrated mittens and coif one day just for 12th century reenacting when I can. The rivets on the inside stick out only a little bit and they're peened to not be sharp either. It's also quite tough stuff and could bet it could stop a sharp weapon honestly.

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2014-03-22, 01:27:06 ---Well when Elliot visited this week with me I got to handle some of his "allbeststuff" maille. It's better quality than Icefalcon. It didnt scratch me at all nor tear threads in my gambeson. Also the flat punched rings all face ONE way so it doesnt look as uneven. My battlemerchant and GDFB maille doesnt even do that. Only complaint is it isnt as tailored as my self tailored hauberk. I may just pick one hauberk with integrated mittens and coif one day just for 12th century reenacting when I can. The rivets on the inside stick out only a little bit and they're peened to not be sharp either. It's also quite tough stuff and could bet it could stop a sharp weapon honestly.

--- End quote ---

I am glad to hear that! I definitely will be ordering my aventail from them then...and he does tailor stuff if you ask him to...or so I think I read that somewhere...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version