Main > The Armoury

Rawlings Synthetic Wasters?

<< < (2/2)

Sir Edward:
To be fair, they may have altered the design a bit from when I got mine. In the first few moments of the video, he's mentioning that they come in various colors. When I got mine, they were white only. Also, as he strikes them against each other, they make a different sound than mine does, leading me to believe they may be using a harder plastic now, which would be a good thing.

It looks like the newer ones are also thicker, which might aid in the weight as well. The pommel is longer on that longsword too. I'd have to handle one of the newer ones and see how it compares. It looks like they've updated it quite a bit.

The new modularity looks pretty cool.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-01-29, 15:09:47 ---Even with synthetic swords you should wear adequate hand protection such as lacrosse or hockey gloves. Nothing interrupts your training longer and faster than broken fingers!  :-\

--- End quote ---

Sounds advice from a man who knows. Right, Sir Thumbs?? :)

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2014-02-01, 19:50:29 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-01-29, 15:09:47 ---Even with synthetic swords you should wear adequate hand protection such as lacrosse or hockey gloves. Nothing interrupts your training longer and faster than broken fingers!  :-\

--- End quote ---

Sounds advice from a man who knows. Right, Sir Thumbs?? :)

--- End quote ---

I'm not in the 'know'! - I'm an authority! ;)

Sir Martyn:
I have one of these and like it - still while using gloves & mask, of course :)

http://revival.us/spadadazoghosparringsword-2.aspx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version