Main > The Armoury

Sir Wolf's late 13thc kit

<< < (5/10) > >>

Sir Brian:
The mantle should be your primary color and metal. The torse is suppose to be the primary color & metal
of your lady but since you have two colors and the same metal you can get away with using the other
combination of color/metal  for your torse.

i.e. Have a mantle in Red/White and a torse in Black/White. Or Have a mantle in Black/White and a torse in
Red/White. You could also go with the mantle having the same color/metal combination as your surcoat and
have the other combination as your torse.

The mantel I made is a simple approximately 1' by 2' piece of cloth of each color and sewn them together.
The torse can be simple or tricky depending on how you want to go about it. If you want to use roping
like Sir Edwards than you need to find the thickness and colors that you will be happy with. If you want
to make them like mine you need to make two tubes of fabric approximately 32" - 40" then turn them outside
in after sewing and fill them with rope batting, which comes in various thicknesses. Tie off the ends and twist
them together.

VOILA you are done!  :)

Sir Wolf:
the mantle is done.  just need to hand sew the sides back so they don't flap in my face.  The torse is half way done. The mantle is black and grey and the torse is black and red.

Sir Wolf:

Sir Wolf:
awesome, just found out that the place you guys got your helm crests has a goat too. he sent me a pic!! might have to wait till a later time but at least I know I can get one!

Sir Brian:
The mantle looks great!

I'm a little puzzled by the grey though. Is that suppose to be a metal or color?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version