Main > The Armoury

Armstreet new harness

<< < (7/7)

Ian:

--- Quote from: Gareyth on 2014-01-30, 03:38:37 ---Good LH intro for the unwashed, thanks Ian.  Yes, those Maximillian armors are wild.  Saw some of his jousting armor (think it was etched) in Ljubljana last year.  He and Henry VIII really went all out.  Didn't hurt they could afford to, of course :)

Also appreciate all the helpful comments/excellent input from others as well.

While encampment isn't required, we'd like to participate and I hope if we make an effort to conform as close as possible to guidelines and be ready to highlight and explain where we may fall short that we'll be welcome.

I have gone back to the smiths for their take on this, but given materials, techniques and style I'm going to try and research the range of compatability of my harness with the central european field harnesses of the period it acknowledges. 

Any thoughts on that here also appreciated, of course.

--- End quote ---

If you want, start a new thread on your kit development specifically, give us what you're shooting for as narrow as possible (i.e. what 25 year span you're shooting for, region, status etc), and then we can work from there.

Sir Humphrey:
Oh, to be younger and svelter - and wealthy!

SirNathanQ:
It's the wealth bit. Trust me, I got youth in spades, and I'm no closer to Jeff Wasson harness than anyone else here...  :P (expecting the case of Sir Ian, who's wearing one in his avatar)

Ian:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2014-01-30, 18:22:52 ---(expecting the case of Sir Ian, who's wearing one in his avatar)

--- End quote ---

...that took years to acquire...and is still missing pieces :)

--- Quote from: Sir Humphrey on 2014-01-30, 16:19:30 ---Oh, to be younger and svelter - and wealthy!

--- End quote ---

We've been over this Mark... I can't help with the age or money, but go buy a pair of UDT shorts and come out to Virginia Beach and we'll work on the svelte part!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version