Main > The Armoury

Armstreet new harness

<< < (3/7) > >>

Ian:
Also beware that greaves that are not custom fitted will almost always become a hindrance to mobility.  An improperly shaped breastplate can do the same.  If a BP is even slightly long it will not sit on your waist, it will sit on your illiac crest and be very painful, or it will choke you when you lean forward or look down, or god forbid you fall it can crush your windpipe.

Maxim Suprovich can do more historical lines than Armstreet, and so can Jolly Knight more than likely for a similar price.  Here's Jolly's Churburg #13 and I think it looks a lot better.  It would also be cheaper in mild steel than that listed price (which is for stainless).  I know you know this Nathan, but for some of the folks newer to Armor, one important thing to keep in mind is that historically shaped pieces are not just for Living History snobs, they're safer to wear, because those guys knew what they were doing when they shaped armor.  Modern armorers who miss the proper shapes can be making armor that does not function correctly and can injure the person it's designed to protect!

http://jollyknight.com.ua/armoury/product_info.php?cPath=21_28&products_id=108

SirNathanQ:
Hey, I'm loving this Jolly knight site. Awesome shaping at great prices! I think I'll peruse the site for kit possibilities.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2014-01-11, 21:01:58 ---Hey, I'm loving this Jolly knight site. Awesome shaping at great prices! I think I'll peruse the site for kit possibilities.

--- End quote ---

(in that dark robed pale star wars guy voice)
Yes.... yes.... let the armor purchasing desire flow through you...... good.......

Sir Nathan, sabatons are great! Did you forget about the sabaton-inspired "flying mortschlag of VARF 2013"? Don't you want to do the same? ;)

Aiden of Oreland:
Haha thats funny, I was actually thinking of posting something about this new armor on the site. It so beautiful!

Sir Martyn:
It's very pretty, but seems there's not much in the way of back protection.

Ian - what's your take on Armstreet's etched/stainless "paladin" armor?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version