Main > The Armoury

Ideas for a Starter Kit and Also SCA legal

<< < (2/2)

Michael de Faifaix:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-01-06, 16:09:06 ---Which area during 1360?

--- End quote ---

I don't really know an era I would like to do.....don't know to much about that part. I know the battle of wisby was in 61, but thats it on that part.

--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2014-01-07, 05:20:53 ---Welcome!

I understand the limits of a very tight budget.  One of the best pieces of advice I received many years ago was to purchase a good sewing machine and learn how to use it.  Many retailers offer free classes with the purchase of a machine, take advantage of the opportunity.

As you've probably read on this and other armour forums, start with your soft kit first.  Figure out the time and general location that you'd like to portray.  I'm very fond of the 1350's in southern England / northern France.   :)

I've fought in the "soup can" knee & elbow cops from Windrose for many years, they are a good choice.  My glowing review may still be found on their website.

Another excellent choice for the budget minded is Allan Senefelder found on this forum and others.  Many people here, including myself, will vouch for his workmanship, customer service, and pricing.

--- End quote ---
I've looked at those knees and elbows and like them very much. as for arms and legs I was going to go with splinted as that would be the cheaper route..I can make those, but for torso I don't know if a cherbourge or wisby wouod be better?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version