Main > The Armoury

Madeln helm

(1/3) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Well after Christmas I did have some money and gift cards as gifts so spending this wouldn't be that big an impact. Joe Metz was selling a Madeln Great Helm, by Royal Oak Armory, I had to pick it up because at the price I got it for I was sure I wasn't gonna get it any bit cheaper elsewhere and I would rather get one than regret not getting one in the future. I plan to use it with my heraldic kit, oddly I see better out of this one as the eye slits are 1CM wide and taper as they go to the side. I like how it has a mantle at the top too, I plan to possibly add a crest as it has holes to mount one. Fits me a bit tighter than my Dargen one, but thats not really a problem as it moves around less as a result.

Here are some pics, it might look magenta but the mantle is red and matches my heraldry, this kind of great helm isn't normally reproduced so I am glad to own one, though I see why they added oculars like on the Dargen, it makes blades not fall into the eye slits that well. Any suggestions for crests? I am 100% positive I can attach one to this one unlike my Dargen this one has holes in the top to do so.

Sir Wolf:
wow that is so nice

Sir Patrick:
Very cool!  Love the mantle.

Lord Dane:
Very nice!! Anything from Royal Oak is typically top-notch craftsmanship (and very expensive). 14-gauge mild steel with a liner I assume.

Sir James A:
Nice, congrats! Didn't even see he had that for sale.

For crest, something heraldic. Not sure how to do the iron cross or the sun, though. You aren't restricted to just that, though. For a "full" heraldry, there were animals and such outside of the "shield" part of the heraldry, so you have lots of options.

I'd check on the Knights Arts page for crests and see if he has something you like. Makes it easier to pick from a crest that you know you can buy, instead of picking something, then trying to find it for sale. The flip side is you have something other's might, but it's easier (and generally cheaper) to go with something already available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version