Main > The Armoury

Armor recommendations??

<< < (2/13) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Crusaders had dome riveted round ring maille with alternating flat punched rings. That can be gotten rather cheaply here http://allbeststuff.com/ Also they do tailoring as well which I would of gotten this maille had I known about it before I purchased my hauberk.

LionPride32:
Well, right down to the last atomic detail, I'm such a Lionheart wanna-be, I basically want, as close as I can possibly get, to the whole setup that he would have worn either on the Third Crusade, or after that, during his constant wars with Phillipe of France. What I have now is this : Red Tunic (Plantagent Coat of Arms) and 2 swords LOL A William Marshall sword (Deepeeka, but very solid. And very blunt...Trust me, I'm just gettin started ;) Other sword is King Richard sword from Robin Hood movie - very eye catching, really nice! THAT'S IT. I'm kinda on a budget, so I want a decent hauberek and hood (coif?) For...mehhh 150 bucks. Plus gloves and a helm. So....what doth these warriors assume for the future Thomas III?

Sir Wolf:
long sleeved hauberk and coif.
no plate armour.
helmet pre 1200

LionPride32:
I think I pretty much have it down exactly what I'm gonna get for my kit. I just don't , well, CAN'T spend a ton on mail. There's so many options on KOA, cheaper on Amazon.com. I just don't know which is best quality for my money. Then there's the gloves...metal gauntlets or just plain leather? I saw some that fit like reg. Leather, but have mail on the front part. Then the headpiece...where to look for that? Oh yeah, another belt too lol

Sir Wolf:
well, POST LINKS lol or pictures of what you are thinking and we will yeah or ban, err i mean nay for you lol ahhahaha

prob by late 1100s mittens attached to the hauberk. would have leather palms with a split. the coif may have been attached then as well... but for that i just put my coif on first then the hauberk and you really can't see the seams

now remember most period belts weren't that wide. check out raymonds quiet press etc https://www.quietpress.com/ for ideas. look at the belt width requirements

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version