Main > The Armoury

1450s Italian armor from Maxim @ Wild Armoury

<< < (5/7) > >>

Don Jorge:
What is sorbothane? Is there like a spray on version? I looked at the site and it wasn't very clear how it would be applied to a helmet.

Ian:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2013-12-31, 19:30:06 ---What is ACL combat? It sounds rather painful.

--- End quote ---

ACL = Armored Combat League.

It's one of the sports that contributes teams to the Battle of the Nations event.  Basically the best groups of ACL form the teams that represent the various countries at BotN.  There are several organizations that do this ultra-violent medieval-esque style combat, and contribute people to BotN, ACL is just one of those organizations.  ACL is mostly the American side, with some other countries, but it varies by nation.

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2013-12-31, 19:53:21 ---
--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2013-12-31, 19:30:06 ---What is ACL combat? It sounds rather painful.

--- End quote ---

ACL = Armored Combat League.

It's one of the sports that contributes teams to the Battle of the Nations event.  Basically the best groups of ACL form the teams that represent the various countries at BotN.  There are several organizations that do this ultra-violent medieval-esque style combat, and contribute people to BotN, ACL is just one of those organizations.  ACL is mostly the American side, with some other countries, but it varies by nation.

--- End quote ---

If I recall correctly ACL is pretty much just America. The IMCF (international medieval combat federation) is the new rival to HMBIA (which hosts BotN) set up by the US (ACL) plus some other countries. It spawned from american discontent with lack of transparency in the HMBIA and lack of power by western europeans in the rules and regulations.

Sir Patrick:
How'd I miss this thread?  Great harness, Sir James!

Sir James A:
Sir Ian covered ACL.

--- Quote from: Belemrys on 2013-12-31, 19:32:50 ---What is sorbothane?

--- End quote ---

http://www.sorbothane.com/

It's a visco-elastic membrane that absorbs shock and vibrations. Some kind of +3 to armor enchantment, basically.

--- Quote from: Sir Patrick on 2013-12-31, 20:24:15 ---How'd I miss this thread?  Great harness, Sir James!

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Sir Patrick!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version