Main > The Library

Merlin series, 2008-2012

<< < (4/7) > >>

Ian:
You have to consider though that there is no definitive Arthurian source material.  The different Arthurian legends don't even necessarily agree with each other (Arthur obtained Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake... or was it the Sword in the Stone... see what I mean?).  So I don't really see a problem with the Merlin TV series taking liberties with creative license to create their own narrative.  I watched the whole series as it aired, and thoroughly enjoyed its charm. 

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-02-06, 23:30:33 ---You have to consider though that there is no definitive Arthurian source material.  The different Arthurian legends don't even necessarily agree with each other (Arthur obtained Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake... or was it the Sword in the Stone... see what I mean?).  So I don't really see a problem with the Merlin TV series taking liberties with creative license to create their own narrative.  I watched the whole series as it aired, and thoroughly enjoyed its charm. 

--- End quote ---

Stop using the no definitive story card Ian.
The sword in the stone was caliber, it broke someway or another then Arthur received Excalibur from the lady in the lake.
Lol I have no real argument to put forward.
I guess I really like the T.h. Version. Or le morte de Arthur.
Oh well. It's just a new perspective.
I'm just being biased.

Ian:
 ;)

Sir Wolf:
watery tarts....

i actually like the roman type version vs saxons of the stories

Sir Edward:
I think in most of the original stories, the sword in the stone actually was not Excalibur. ;)

The Arthurian legends are similar to the Robin Hood legends, in that most of the original romances were not connected, except by the main character (Arthur, Robin Hood). Many of the supporting characters may only have been in one or two stories each, and often not together.

In the case of the Arthurian legends, most of the modern versions of it are based (to varying degrees) on Malory's "Le Morte d'Arthur" (The Death of Arthur), a late 15th century compilation, since that's one of the largest attempts to consolidate it into a coherent story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Morte_d%27Arthur

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version