Main > The Library

Merlin series, 2008-2012

<< < (3/7) > >>

Sir Nate:
You know I was about to give that show a chance... Then I began to watch my favorite part in the entire King Arthur tale.
The sword in the stone. The part from merlin.
Wow....
Every version I had loved.
This one had te atmosphere, Arthur pulled it on his third try.
Merlin used goddamn magic to help him pull it.
.......that's it crossed the line!!!!
Forget Arthur growing up with uther!
Forget gwenevere being a made to moregana!
Forget merlin being the same age as Arthur!
It was the sword in the stone scene, Were Arthur needed Merlin's magic, Merlin's magic... Worked hold on a sec... Worked
On the holy sword Excalibur....
I'm eternally scarred.

Sir Edward:

Ah, but that's not what happened, exactly. Merlin's magic stuck it in the stone, and he invented the story of it being only the true king that could draw the sword. So it was Merlin who had to release it. It was all a ruse to build up Arthur's confidence. So it's not that he "helped" Arthur draw the sword, but rather released it at just the right moment to make Arthur believe.

Yes, they changed the context a bit, but that was part of the whole point of the series.

Sir Nate:
Look I'm fine with people liking this show, but I can admit it. The show is entertaining. Even if I think it crosses a line, it is still a pretty good show.

Sir William:
I might have to give it another chance, then.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-02-06, 16:01:36 ---I might have to give it another chance, then.

--- End quote ---

No William, don't fall down that pit. Only some return!
It seems it took Sir Edward long ago. But there was no pail and rope long enough to save him.
Lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version