Main > The Armoury

Pursuing the Viking Blade, Kickstarter.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:
I see what you mean Thorsteinn, there is much more skill and technique involved. And WOW now thats beautiful! :o My mind says buy it but my wallet says don't dare even check the price on that lol

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-12-16, 02:01:07 ---  :o :o :D

MUST HAVE THAT SWORD!!!!!

--- End quote ---

Seriously... It's a bit outside of my period of interest, and yet it is a thing of pure beauty.

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-12-16, 21:26:55 ---
--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-12-16, 02:01:07 ---  :o :o :D

MUST HAVE THAT SWORD!!!!!

--- End quote ---

Seriously... It's a bit outside of my period of interest, and yet it is a thing of pure beauty.

--- End quote ---

Haha! But there are loop wholes. For instance "*cough, cough* um... This sword was passed through my family" or you can simply make another time apropriate kit. If I am correct, Sir Wolf is a marvelous example.

Lord Dane:
That is gorgeous. Looks like a damascus steel pattern. He must do something similar in the heating process if he forges the steel. Either case, it is beautiful. Nice work.

Ian:
To achieve those patterns, bars of steel are welded together and twisted at different intervals and then forged in to a blade. When you polish it at the end it reveals the pattern where the thin bars were twisted. Hence "pattern welding"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version