Main > The Armoury

What is my helm?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir James A:
Sir Patrick's link is very close. I'd also guess Depeeka.

It's still different in the lack of brass, yours has a plume holder, and yours comes to a sharper point in front and has a rolled lower instead of flared. Yours also has a locking pin instead of a sneck hook. Few other differences. Might be an older version, or some random armorer modified a pattern and made their own variant.

I agree it doesn't look overly historical. I don't remember seeing any earlier helms with plumes; crests / mantle / torse, yep, but not a plume specifically. Prior to my specific century or two of interest, though.

It's a fairly unique helmet.

Aiden of Oreland:
It is probably based off that helm, but the blacksmith may have designed his own version. Again, I bought it from swordsandarmor.com. It is a fairly heavy helmet. It feels to be 14 gauge for my brothers sugarloaf is 16 and it is heavier, but also wider. Its strains my neck though, probably either because im young or its too heavy.

Sir Wolf:
no. i am betting it is 18 gauge. 16 at the most.
you bought the helmet from an importer. they are made in India or Pakistan.  They are loosely based on some period helm.
its a cool helm and if you like it , it works for you man. but as far as historical it's not. well not really.. know what i mean? :) i mean i like it and if you like it then wear it hehehe.

Thorsteinn:
Contact Hal over at Therion Arms. He might just know all about your helm.

http://therionarms.com/

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-11-21, 23:29:52 ---no. i am betting it is 18 gauge. 16 at the most.
you bought the helmet from an importer. they are made in India or Pakistan.  They are loosely based on some period helm.
its a cool helm and if you like it , it works for you man. but as far as historical it's not. well not really.. know what i mean? :) i mean i like it and if you like it then wear it hehehe.

--- End quote ---

Haha well i did spend money on it, and it is unique, I'll probably make it my "tournament" helm or something. I'm going to put a green plume in it anyway from by-the-sword.com because that is the only place I can seem to find a plume.

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2013-11-21, 23:47:39 ---Contact Hal over at Therion Arms. He might just know all about your helm.

http://therionarms.com/

--- End quote ---

Ehh, I have a bit of a nervousness when calling people I don't know. Maybe when I turn older and grow out of it. I'll come back ti this and post my results. Call me a pitiful knight, but at least I be an honest one, in the name of Chivalry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version