Main > The Armoury

How Do I Make My Knightly Tunic/Surcoat

<< < (7/8) > >>

Lord Dane:
Good luck with the bascinet visor fitting under a Great helm. Not meant to go together.

Sir James A:
That's certainly interesting with those helmets. I had only seen the visorless as well.

I think Sir Ian is correct. A klappvisor's visor is easily removed, and would probably need to happen to fit the helmet over the head. I can't see it possibly fitting anywhere near correctly with the visor on too - not to mention it also doubles the vision restrictions, looking through visor slots inside of visor slots.

Careful with Wikipedia as a source. It's not always reliable, and is sometimes just regurgitated from another site, which may be incorrect. If they cited that, check the original source if you can.

Aiden of Oreland:
Ya, I kind of only use wikipedia as a "guideline" if ya catch my meaning. To kinda get me in the right direction. But, a problem I am now facing is actually finding a bascinet (not klappvisor) w/ aventail. The only place that I can find one is therionarms but even then, it is discontinued. I mean if I have to I'll ask Clang's armory or royal oak armory for a costum made one to fit under a helmet of my choosing.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2013-12-01, 22:18:31 ---Ya, I kind of only use wikipedia as a "guideline" if ya catch my meaning. To kinda get me in the right direction. But, a problem I am now facing is actually finding a bascinet (not klappvisor) w/ aventail. The only place that I can find one is therionarms but even then, it is discontinued. I mean if I have to I'll ask Clang's armory or royal oak armory for a costum made one to fit under a helmet of my choosing.

--- End quote ---

Hurry up. They are discontinued. I got one. They still have a couple. Historically accurate look.
Aventail is black butted ring maille with brass trim but can be changed out easy enough.

http://www.theknightshop.co.uk/catalog/bascinet-with-aventail-gauge-p-967.html?osCsid=f75d843c4a278cd55c1a367b4e24d7bc

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-12-01, 22:45:40 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2013-12-01, 22:18:31 ---Ya, I kind of only use wikipedia as a "guideline" if ya catch my meaning. To kinda get me in the right direction. But, a problem I am now facing is actually finding a bascinet (not klappvisor) w/ aventail. The only place that I can find one is therionarms but even then, it is discontinued. I mean if I have to I'll ask Clang's armory or royal oak armory for a costum made one to fit under a helmet of my choosing.

--- End quote ---

Hurry up. They are discontinued. I got one. They still have a couple. Historically accurate look.
Aventail is black butted ring maille with brass trim but can be changed out easy enough.

http://www.theknightshop.co.uk/catalog/bascinet-with-aventail-gauge-p-967.html?osCsid=f75d843c4a278cd55c1a367b4e24d7bc

--- End quote ---

By Jov! I cannot get it this moment :( but maybe you can get it for me for chrismas lol. How much is it in $ not £ do you think I could possibly get it in the next month? I mean if they say discontinued then none other will purchase it right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version