Main > The Armoury

How Do I Make My Knightly Tunic/Surcoat

<< < (5/8) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2013-11-24, 06:44:20 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2013-11-24, 02:17:58 ---Why not have both :)

--- End quote ---

Yes. This is the correct answer to all of your decision questions from this point forward. ;)

If you're talking about the La Cotte Simple pattern, the hemline length is to taste. There's no set measurement on it, so you can make it as long or as short as you want it.
I don't know how much sewing experience you have, but if you are unsure about making it, I personally would recommend making a mockup out of a cheap fabric like muslin before cutting up your more expensive material. Then you can see if you need to add/remove material, or modify the pattern. You can always cut away excess material if you have too much, but it's a bit more difficult to add material if you don't have enough.

--- End quote ---

Ya, The one you see me wearing in this pic is one I made out of scratch. No instructions. Just kinda was like "Im going to make a surcoat before I go to MD Renfair" I made it so it jad 2 different kind of cloths. I ruffer tuffer one on the out side and a soft one on the inside. I did this so the soft one would be easier on the maille. Came out pretty good. Ignore the belt hight.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2013-11-24, 06:44:20 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2013-11-24, 02:17:58 ---Why not have both :)

--- End quote ---

Yes. This is the correct answer to all of your decision questions from this point forward. ;)

--- End quote ---

Agreed wholeheartedly! :D

Lord Dane:
Be careful Aiden or Sir James will have you buying 'the national debt'. :) LOL

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-11-25, 11:33:17 ---Be careful Aiden or Sir James will have you buying 'the national debt'. :) LOL

--- End quote ---

It's an antique! And priceless! Plus, the value of the debt keeps going up. It's a solid investment, nothing else on the market like it. Literally the only one of it's kind!

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-11-25, 17:06:29 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-11-25, 11:33:17 ---Be careful Aiden or Sir James will have you buying 'the national debt'. :) LOL

--- End quote ---

It's an antique! And priceless! Plus, the value of the debt keeps going up. It's a solid investment, nothing else on the market like it. Literally the only one of it's kind!

--- End quote ---

Again, why not buy that too! The more the merrier!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version