Main > The Library

Ridley Scott's "Robin Hood"

<< < (12/13) > >>

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-01-21, 16:31:15 ---
--- Quote from: LionPride32 on 2014-01-21, 02:39:58 ---I'm sure the best way to find out would just be to simply watch it, but how does "evil dead" being a demon possesion horror movie to "army of darkness", with a campy medieval twist?

--- End quote ---

Evil Dead 2 is more of a campy remake of the first Evil Dead than an actual sequel. It ends with Ash replacing his hand with a chainsaw, and falling through a time portal into the medieval period, along with his car. Army of Darkness picks up right where that left off, and is a more serious attempt at a comedic campy movie.

--- End quote ---

Let's not forget Bruce is welcomed as a hero in the Middle Ages at the end of evil dead 2. And all the knights have plastic fills sets of armor, then at the start of army of darkness Bruce is captured, and is surrounded by more early 14th century armored(actual armor)time accurate soldiers.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2014-01-22, 04:00:44 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-01-21, 16:31:15 ---
--- Quote from: LionPride32 on 2014-01-21, 02:39:58 ---I'm sure the best way to find out would just be to simply watch it, but how does "evil dead" being a demon possesion horror movie to "army of darkness", with a campy medieval twist?

--- End quote ---

Evil Dead 2 is more of a campy remake of the first Evil Dead than an actual sequel. It ends with Ash replacing his hand with a chainsaw, and falling through a time portal into the medieval period, along with his car. Army of Darkness picks up right where that left off, and is a more serious attempt at a comedic campy movie.

--- End quote ---

Let's not forget Bruce is welcomed as a hero in the Middle Ages at the end of evil dead 2. And all the knights have plastic fills sets of armor, then at the start of army of darkness Bruce is captured, and is surrounded by more early 14th century armored(actual armor)time accurate soldiers.

--- End quote ---

Just saw Evil Dead 2 right now. Boy, the 80s were cheesy by modern standards, but I still enjoyed it. Not as much as most modern movies, but it was still a fun one. I see exactly how they link together now. Kinda cool. Now to find Army of Darkness at Walmart or something... Netflix doesn't have it. :(

Sir Brian:
Army of Darkness was the best of the three. Classic Bruce Campbell! :)

You'll love it! :)

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-03-08, 18:17:11 ---Army of Darkness was the best of the three. Classic Bruce Campbell! :)

You'll love it! :)

--- End quote ---

+1

I really think of Army of Darkness as it's own movie now.  Yes it's technically a continuation of Evil Dead 2, but it really stands up by itself, and it's pure awesome!

Sir Wolf:
yupyup.

probably were born in a barn......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version