Main > The Library

Ridley Scott's "Robin Hood"

<< < (5/13) > >>

Sir Wolf:
lol

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-12-02, 15:25:52 ---
--- Quote from: LionPride32 on 2013-11-30, 00:53:21 ---Well from what I've read, a movie that is notoriousl innacurate is "Braveheart". I can watch it over and over and not get sick of it lol. "Braveheart", "Kingdom of Heaven" and R.S. "Robin Hood" are my top 3 never-get-sick-of medieval movies.

--- End quote ---

As good as Braveheart is, it bears very little resemblance to history. :)

--- End quote ---

History is written by those who hang heros. Thats why the movie told the true story. Obviously. 😜

LionPride32:
I was reading about the historical accuracy of "Braveheart and it states that the Scottish didn't wear kilts in that time period....Kinda funny as I can't picture the Scottish wearing anything but!! I have mixed feelings about the portrayal of King Edward I "Longshanks"... He was definetly a warrior king, much like Richard I, I suppose as he got older he didn't charge into the frey of battle. I love when he orders the archers to shoot and his General says, "Won't we hit our men, sire?" And Longshanks replies, "Yes....but we'll hit theirs as well. We've got reserves!" Heheheh I love the Plantagents!!

Aiden of Oreland:
They also called Longshanks a "ruthless Pagan" which I am almost sure was incorrect. Question is, why is he called Longshanks may I ask? I might have to look that up.

Sir Douglas:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2013-12-03, 04:06:40 ---Question is, why is he called Longshanks may I ask? I might have to look that up.

--- End quote ---

Because he was tall. "Shanks" refer to legs. I also hear he was always picked first to play for the Kingdom of England's basketball team. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version