Main > The Armoury

My Kit...14th Century for CotT (SCA Legal)

<< < (19/22) > >>

Lord Chagatai:
those are nice and it is beginning to look good...I for one am glad I am a mongol cause that would just take me to long to armor up...right now I can armor up pretty fast and have very loose fitting clothes, cause I like you need a lot of room!! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don Jorge:
So I just got this message from the armorer who made my helmet:

"July 27, 2014 , 7:22 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)"

So excited!

Ian:
Awesome!  Just a few days now!  Post plenty of pics!

Don Jorge:
UPDATE: My helmet was sent back to Ukraine and then he resent it when he received in December...this time using "Express Air Mail"

I just received it today. Here is a mini-review!

Okay, so it looks like it was sent via air mail December 9th 2014. It is a great helmet...the shape is even better than I hoped! It lines up on my eyes perfectly and had the satin finish I asked for...

Now the bad parts...

It has lots of surface rust...probably due to being shipped in a bag vs a box? Being wrapped in plastic instead of a textile that would keep the oil rather than evaporating surely didn't help...it has been almost 4 months so can't expect it to not have some rust.

It is a tad tight and I wish the period liner was sewn in and not riveted across the the whole helmet. The weld is a bit unsightly but you have to lift up the liner to see it.

The aventail he told me he was gifting me was not in the package.

The bargrill I paid for was not in the package.

Honestly if I had my bar grill and not quite so much surface rust I would be VERY satisfied...I have to check with some calipers to see if it is the right gauge...also need to see how heavy it is...but looks plenty safe for SCA :)

Now to get a scotch brite pad and go at it for an hour or two...

Here is a link to the pictures I took with my phone (don't worry Sir William I have made it a public album for you :)):
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10101411235749228.1073741828.18723854&type=1&l=d8d9238f9c

Thorsteinn:
Nice! When will you have the aventail on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version