Main > The Great Hall

Hello Gentlemen

<< < (6/9) > >>

Sir Nate:
Hail and welcome to modern chivalry.
I also have a copy of Knight by Robert jones, and have been using it as a sort of handbook on being a knight.
Thank you for your service.

LionPride32:
Knight and History of Middle Ages were both bargain priced at barnes and noble!! Crazy! My next book will be about the whole Plantagent line of monarchs...

SirNathanQ:
Welcome, good Sir, and thank you for your service!

Seriously, don't stress the color thing. At this point there's about 3 of us Black and White knights, I'd suppose. I'd say your identifier will be more your main charge than your color. Mine is the White Oak Tree. In fact, in period you see many allegorical passages that refer to people by their charge. Dante's inferno is an example, and one can see in Italy the Guelphs and Ghibellines adopting various charges as snubs at the other faction's charges.

Color identifiers outside of Arthurian legend are probably modern renn-faire patron anachronism, like how at MDRF I was known to one group as "The Templar" even though I was clearly wearing Teutonic regalia (as I am wont to do).

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2013-11-19, 19:09:29 ---like how at MDRF I was known to one group as "The Templar" even though I was clearly wearing Teutonic regalia (as I am wont to do).

--- End quote ---

Clearly anything with a cross is a Templar. :)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-11-19, 20:02:50 ---
--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2013-11-19, 19:09:29 ---like how at MDRF I was known to one group as "The Templar" even though I was clearly wearing Teutonic regalia (as I am wont to do).

--- End quote ---

Clearly anything with a cross is a Templar. :)

--- End quote ---

As far as the masses go, it seems to be so.  No sweat off my back as I do moonlight as a Templar every once in a while.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version