Main > The Library

Highlander "reboot" has a director, looks like it will actually be produced

<< < (4/6) > >>

Sir William:
The 5th one...was that with Mario Van Peebles as that dark wizard?  I didn't like that one at all...tbh, I felt that only the first one was really worth watching.  Didn't much care for the show either.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-11-06, 21:54:15 ---The 5th one...was that with Mario Van Peebles as that dark wizard?  I didn't like that one at all...tbh, I felt that only the first one was really worth watching.  Didn't much care for the show either.

--- End quote ---

That was Highlander III. Better than 2 & 5, worse than 1 and 4. The rumored 5th one dealt with immortals becoming mortal and some other hokey stuff that I won't mention, as I won't be able to keep my lunch down if I discuss it much.

The 4th was cool to me since I liked the first movie, as well as the TV series. I saw the TV series about halfway through before I saw the first movie, and the 4th brings the movie and TV "highlanders" together, which was neat.

I actually found the show series better than any of the movies. Some of the episodes are a little slow moving or tedious, but the overall characters were great, and some of the aspects of human nature and chivalry it dealt with in the episodes were phenomenally thought out.

Aiden of Oreland:
I am refering to the Sean Connery one. I think the first movie. Idk When was the last time you guys saw it. It was at least a year or 2 ago I saw it.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2013-11-06, 23:01:12 ---That was Highlander III. Better than 2 & 5, worse than 1 and 4. The rumored 5th one dealt with immortals becoming mortal and some other hokey stuff that I won't mention, as I won't be able to keep my lunch down if I discuss it much.

The 4th was cool to me since I liked the first movie, as well as the TV series. I saw the TV series about halfway through before I saw the first movie, and the 4th brings the movie and TV "highlanders" together, which was neat.

I actually found the show series better than any of the movies. Some of the episodes are a little slow moving or tedious, but the overall characters were great, and some of the aspects of human nature and chivalry it dealt with in the episodes were phenomenally thought out.

--- End quote ---

My opinions are pretty similar. The first was the best film, dated and filled with '80s campiness, but still very enjoyable and artistically done. #2 was a huge step down, #3 was a little better after 2.

#4 was not great as a sequel to #1, but it was nicely done as an extension of the series (overlooking some cheesy details).

#5 does not exist. Someone forgot everything they knew about movie making. So it never happened. Period. ;)

I enjoyed the series, but it had its ups and downs. Seasons 3 & 4 were probably the best, and then after that it took a nose-dive.

Sir William:
Aiden, it must be at least ten years since I last watched Highlander.  Might be more...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version