Main > The Armoury

Heraldic Design

<< < (20/27) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-05-26, 22:30:05 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-05-26, 22:24:40 ---Is this the proper way to say my heraldry thus far: Argent, over chevron vert, a rampant hart proper, on a chief vert, three crosses formée, argent.

--- End quote ---

Where's the chevron vert?

--- End quote ---

Woops! That was for a different heraldry my bad. How's this: Argent, a rampant hart proper, on a chief vert, three crosses formée, argent.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-05-26, 23:46:19 ---Woops! That was for a different heraldry my bad. How's this: Argent, a rampant hart proper, on a chief vert, three crosses formée, argent.

--- End quote ---

That looks pretty good. I'm trying to decide if it's better to put the rampant hart before or after describing the chief. I'm thinking it's clearer the way you have it.

Sir Douglas:
Yeah, I'd say having the hart before the chief is more clear. :)

Sir Martyn:
Thanks, Sir Edward for putting mine up as well - I still need to figure out the appropriate heraldic description, however.

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-05-26, 23:46:19 ---Woops! That was for a different heraldry my bad. How's this: Argent, a rampant hart proper, on a chief vert, three crosses formée, argent.

--- End quote ---

You have laid out the blazon very well.   :)

If I might suggest:
“Argent, a hart rampant proper, on a chief vert three crosses formée argent”

Take, for example, the very similar blazon of Henry Russell (c. 1455):
“Argent, a lyon rampant gules, on a chief sable three escallops of the first.”
The phrase “of the first” meaning the escallops are argent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version