Main > The Armoury

Heraldic Design

<< < (15/27) > >>

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-03-14, 13:07:25 ---
--- Quote from: Don Jorge on 2014-03-13, 18:48:20 ---"Per pale Vert and Or, four pairs of rib bones issuant from the flanks counterchanged." that sounds about right...at least what the SCA herald sent me for it...

--- End quote ---

Are you happy enough with it to add the image and text to the Order's roster? I can add those at any time.

--- End quote ---

He is going to send me a copy of the heraldic device in darker shades which is what I prefer. The lighter shade was used for SCA submission so there would be no issues with them. When I get that new device sent to me it should be ready for roster...I will write something up for it etc.

Sir Edward:

OK that sounds good. I could also change the hues on the image you have, if you want. Either way works.

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-03-14, 13:21:06 ---
OK that sounds good. I could also change the hues on the image you have, if you want. Either way works.

--- End quote ---

No need to have two people do the same thing :)

Thank you for the offer though!

Now I need to get some pictures taken of me in my kit...also need to get heraldry done up for my surcoat and shield!

Sir Wolf:
do ittttt

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-03-04, 00:45:35 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-03, 22:14:29 ---
--- Quote from: Belemrys on 2014-03-03, 21:37:20 ---ugh the inkwell program is such a pain in my butt! I hate Java...I did when I was learning and I do now that I have to use it...

I might end up just using photoshop to make my heraldry design!

--- End quote ---

Ya I used paint for this. But to get the shield shape to be right i got it off a heraldry design site. Its the same as most of the coat of arms the men on this site have.

Yes I quite like it! I really want to use a stag but I want the other stuff too so it wont really work so I may drop the whole stag thing. I'm still debating on whether or not to keep the bordering chevrons or not. My biggest concern is how the surcotte will look. Im thinking of making the green chief on both sides so I can be more easily identified. Except the back won't have the formee crosses. I may add a secondary chevron like thing at the bottom. I will be sure to post another update later this month.

--- End quote ---

A green chief border at top with the 3 crosses, and a stag over the white background - just drop the chevron and it will be easy to keep the stag without looking too "busy" for early heraldry

--- End quote ---

Like this? (I'll smooth it out later)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version