Main > The Armoury

Heraldic Design

<< < (14/27) > >>

Don Jorge:
Thanks...I can't wait to see it in darker tones and translated onto my shield and jupon/surcoat...the complex jupon for late 14th century Spaniard I want might be a bit beyond my sewing skills at the moment so I might go for a more traditional French surcoat for mid to late 14th century...also even if made in linen not having it cover my sleeves might help keep me cool in the North Carolina summer!

Don Jorge:
"Per pale Vert and Or, four pairs of rib bones issuant from the flanks counterchanged." that sounds about right...at least what the SCA herald sent me for it...

Mike W.:
I hate to be that guy, but... those bones look more like femurs than ribs

Don Jorge:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-13, 19:48:18 ---I hate to be that guy, but... those bones look more like femurs than ribs

--- End quote ---

Here are a few examples of ribs in heraldry...remember this are issuant from the flanks...so you dont see the whole rib form...

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Don Jorge on 2014-03-13, 18:48:20 ---"Per pale Vert and Or, four pairs of rib bones issuant from the flanks counterchanged." that sounds about right...at least what the SCA herald sent me for it...

--- End quote ---

Are you happy enough with it to add the image and text to the Order's roster? I can add those at any time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version