Main > The Armoury

Heraldic Design

<< < (21/27) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Gareyth on 2014-05-29, 02:19:51 ---Thanks, Sir Edward for putting mine up as well - I still need to figure out the appropriate heraldic description, however.

--- End quote ---

Maybe we can help, let's see the heraldry :)

Sir Martyn:
Already up on my Order "about" knight page - main thing I think is to change the background from white to green/black...

Thorsteinn:
Yep, there's a reason I went with my SCA arms for the Order. 27 years old and I still can't speak them heraldically.

If I may make a suggestion for putting it on a shield? Make two stencils. One for the Iron Cross and one for the Stag so you can draw them again easier. Oh, and be prepared for Jews, especially Ashkenazi, to look at you really funny.

Have you submitted this to the SCA College of Heralds?

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-06-01, 20:23:50 ---Yep, there's a reason I went with my SCA arms for the Order. 27 years old and I still can't speak them heraldically.

If I may make a suggestion for putting it on a shield? Make two stencils. One for the Iron Cross and one for the Stag so you can draw them again easier. Oh, and be prepared for Jews, especially Ashkenazi, to look at you really funny.

Have you submitted this to the SCA College of Heralds?

--- End quote ---

Why? Because the formée crosses look like the German Iron cross lol. I am not in SCA yet, but it might be good to submit it before a similar one is taken.

Timothy:
Hi

I was reading this thread and I had a question on the SCA and other similar groups. I understand that they have their own rules regarding heraldry and what they will and won't approve. If a person wants to use their own arms can they really say no to it's use?

Thanks

Timothy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version