Main > The Courtyard

Darkwood HEMA gauntlets

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Edward:
Amusingly, it looks like I grabbed a mismatched pair (the fingers were slightly different), so I'll be sending one of them back to trade for the match. :)  They caught it and contacted me.

Sir Wolf:
lol of course. it always works out that way

Sir James A:
Interesting design, there's 15th century Italian armor with that same gauntlet design. I'm in progress on a harness of that style. :D Looked like it will function very well for protection.

That neoprene should be helpful. I'm still slightly wonky on using my thumb after taking that unpadded hand shot in the harnessfechten about 6 weeks ago.

Sir Edward:

Well that was super quick. The correct left gauntlet got here yesterday.

I did try moving around with them a little, including doing a scheitelhau, and they do restrict some of that motion. The scheitelhau was probably the hardest to do, but not impossible. Like with any steel gauntlets, you have to alter your technique a little to accommodate what the gaunts will permit.

Having said that though, I'm hoping this set will be a good trade-off.

My crappy hourglass gaunts allow more range of motion, but that's because some of the rivets ripped out, and leave huge gaps in the protection they offer. And they're technically too big for me (I wear those padded fencing gloves inside them to make them fit right, and protect me from the rivets inside the fingers).

Sir Martyn:
Nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version