Main > The Armoury

Globose w/ Fauld

<< < (8/11) > >>

Ian:
From Jeff's research, underlapping is consistent with earlier faulds, while overlapping became the predominant method later in the 15th century.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-09-01, 13:22:24 ---From Jeff's research, underlapping is consistent with earlier faulds, while overlapping became the predominant method later in the 15th century.

--- End quote ---

Time for some brain work on why they changed over and how it affects movement. :D Thanks!

Ian:
Here James, dated to the last quarter of the 14th century from the Pistoia silver altarpiece, an example of an underlapping fauld on a breasplate.  The bottom photo is the documented use of the strapping configuration on my copy:

scott2978:
Hey Ian, Jeff Hildebrandt is working on a similar breastplate with fauld for me now, and we've been discussing how to attach the fauld historically. So I'm curious, how did Jeff Wasson attach yours?

Scott

PS:
My new Galaxy Note 3 doesn't want to call you "Sir Iran" like my old phone. Cheers!

Ian:

--- Quote from: scott2978 on 2014-09-07, 19:51:31 ---Hey Ian, Jeff Hildebrandt is working on a similar breastplate with fauld for me now, and we've been discussing how to attach the fauld historically. So I'm curious, how did Jeff Wasson attach yours?

Scott

PS:
My new Galaxy Note 3 doesn't want to call you "Sir Iran" like my old phone. Cheers!

--- End quote ---

I'm glad to hear that I'm once again American :)

The fauld lames are floated on three leathers and fixed with rivets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version