Main > The Armoury

Rerambrace?

(1/2) > >>

Sir Patrick:
Can get away with adding a floating rerambrace to the arm set up inmy avatar?  Added a couple close ups of the vambrace and cop

Lord Dane:
Nice Sir Patrick. Liking it.  8)

Sir Edward:

You could probably add a rerebrace there, yes. The spaulders and vambraces are already putting you into the mid-14th, and a rerebrace would be common here as well.

Sir James A:
I've only seen floaters with german style armor, but it's also a time period that I'm not specifically focused on, so it's possible. I usually see the half rerebrace as attached with an articulated arm assembly that points at the top of the rerebrace.

Allan could probably make you one from the pattern for his regular 14th century arms? Then point it at the top, and strap around the bicep? Possibly pointed at top and bottom? The german style points at the top, and also points to the floating elbow cop.

Sir Wolf:
Hmm depends. Look heavily at effigies and bring forth your findings lol. Ive seen some but they look one piece that go under a spaulder cap and under the couter.  Personally i like the couter over the 3/4 sleeved maile while the vambracer is under the maile

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version