Main > The Armoury

Albion Reeve

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2013-09-12, 04:20:52 ---Yeah I am considering getting crusader monk to do a scabbard for it but thing is I do want a historical looking suspension like this one:

--- End quote ---

Crusader Monk already does risers, the only real addition from a "regular" scabbard is the slits cut to lace the belt through. He might do the belt too, but if not, send him that pic and see if he'll do the scabbard. The belt is a long, split piece with a few holes. I'm going to make one eventually when I get a scabbard for my Knight. There's a tutorial online for how to tie it.

Sir William:
Sir James, you have a Knight?  When'd you get that?  I saw no pictures.  ;)

Ian:
Sir Ulrich,

If you go with Crusader Monk, but still want a historical scabbard, I would just have him do a leather covered wood core scabbard with a chape.  I'm not a big fan of his suspensions, and it might be a cool project for you to do yourself.  Crusader Monk gets away with the prices and speed because of the materials and methods he uses.  My A&A Black Prince is in a Crusader Monk scabbard, and it's a little on the bulky side, the chape doesn't have much finesse but it's very functional, but I don't really like the suspension, and could never really wear it for Living History. 

He does build very sound, solidly constructed scabbards though, and you absolutely can't beat his speed and price.

Sir Ulrich:
I had someone contact me from the DoK group who can make a scabbard, just gotta discuss it with them more about it. He said he could get it to me by DoK I think so maybe I will be able to use this sword by then. He did ask for an outline tracing of how my sword is shaped as well, not sure if that works but it would be cheaper than shipping the entire sword away. Just dunno how much he's charging, I sorta may need to wait a while perhaps to see if theres other options. I was gonna have Ron Johnson do my other scabbard for the other Albion I am getting as well, which I plan to use as well but my first priority is my Reeve now because I absolutely am obsessed with this new sword I got.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-09-12, 15:56:49 ---Sir James, you have a Knight?  When'd you get that?  I saw no pictures.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh, last year. I posted it on FB. You didn't see it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version