Main > The Armoury

Teutonic great helm...now with wings?

<< < (6/24) > >>

Sir Wolf:
those rock.

feathers, leather would both work for your needs. some holes and glue should hold them to the wood i would think. are you gonna drill the helmet and put small bolts from the inside into the horns?

Sir Edward:
I was going to suggest what Sir Nathan mentioned, adding slots with leather "wings". Getting the shaping right might be difficult though.

And agreed, great work on the wood shaping! It looks really good! I know if I tried that, my problem would be getting them to match each other. :)

Sir Douglas:
Thank you, good sirs! ;D
And thank you for the suggestions. Sometimes my biggest problem is deciding what I want to do and narrowing down my options, but now I have someplace to start.

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-10-24, 13:03:14 ---are you gonna drill the helmet and put small bolts from the inside into the horns?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I was thinking about drilling out a pair of holes on each side approximately where the holes are on the original Bolzano helm, give or take a few centimeters, then screwing them on from the inside. The horns are fairly light, so hopefully that will be enough to hold it.

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2013-10-24, 16:05:19 ---Thank you, good sirs! ;D
And thank you for the suggestions. Sometimes my biggest problem is deciding what I want to do and narrowing down my options, but now I have someplace to start.

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-10-24, 13:03:14 ---are you gonna drill the helmet and put small bolts from the inside into the horns?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I was thinking about drilling out a pair of holes on each side approximately where the holes are on the original Bolzano helm, give or take a few centimeters, then screwing them on from the inside. The horns are fairly light, so hopefully that will be enough to hold it.

--- End quote ---

btw, wheres a picture of mine at?

Sir James A:
Yes, great job on the shaping! And nice T-Stake in the background too. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version