Main > The Armoury

14th Century Bycocket (DIY Mad Hatter!)

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir William:
Is it odd that I like the floppy hat as is?  Altho Sir Ian's has much more in the way of swagger.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2013-07-23, 17:07:10 ---very nice.

i have an oooooooooooolllddddddddddd black one. its sorta lost its shape along the way. so i never wear it anymore

--- End quote ---

What lost shape?? The hat or the head?? :P LOL JK

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Very smart Sir Ian. I also have a hunting hat,  an esential part of my Flemish persona when wearing my chaperon down my back ;)
Although it is not as shapely as that.
G.

Lord Ciaran:
Ian,
I just ordered and recieved one from them a few days ago. I was pondering how I would shape it. Thanks for the information and inspiration. Awesome hat.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Lord Ciaran on 2013-08-09, 19:36:20 ---Ian,
I just ordered and recieved one from them a few days ago. I was pondering how I would shape it. Thanks for the information and inspiration. Awesome hat.

--- End quote ---

My pleasure!  The tea kettle is what I've found to be the most steady source of steam.  If you boil a regular pot of water it will you'll evaporate a lot more water than you can use, and you may have to keep adding water.  The tea kettle also allows you to really focus where you're steaming so you can work on smaller sections. 

Let it get decently wet, and then as you stretch it, hold it in place as it cools (it will cool pretty quickly), and then just keep repeating til you get it to do what you want.  Get creative on what you use as 'forms' to shape it over, lots of random stuff around the house works really well if it's got the basic shape you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version