Main > The Armoury

Customized Poleaxe

(1/5) > >>

Ian:
Contacted A&A today about doing a semi-custom poleaxe.  I want something appropriate to my impression.  I'm thinking with my armor and soft kit, it places me roughly near the Baron or maybe even Earl level, and I need a knightly weapon to downsize the French Chivalry with...

If you look at late 14th century illuminations most of the poleaxes are relatively simple in design.  The A&A Knightly Poleaxe, a repro of the A926 in the Wallace Collection is about 60-100 years too new for me in style, and if you compare the manuscripts the A925 (Burgundian) looks awfully similar to what you commonly see for the first half of the hundred years war.

Craig at A&A is going to add a punched trefoil to the blade, and do some detail work on the langets suitable to the time period and status of my impression and add a steel butt-cap to the haft for me.  I've given him creative license on the langets stylization so I'm excited to see what he comes up with! 

Will update in the future!

Sir Wolf:
oooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ban

Sir James A:
Excellent! Looking forward to seeing it!

Sir William:
Yea, that's gonna be all kinds of cool when its done, I just know it.

Sir Edward:

Awesome, I look forward to seeing it! (and getting my sweaty hands all over the steel!) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version