Main > The Armoury

Making a brigandine

(1/1)

Sir Wolf:
http://howtomakearmour.blogspot.com/2012/05/making-brigandine.html

Sir William:
Hey, cool post Sir Wolf- of all of the patterns out there, is this the best one?

B. Patricius:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-07-16, 15:36:59 ---Hey, cool post Sir Wolf- of all of the patterns out there, is this the best one?

--- End quote ---

It would really depend on your time period Sir William.  That blog actually covers three different brigs.  Generally brigandines are also more of a late 14th - 16th century type of deal.  If you fit in that time frame, go for it!  My friend has a gorgeous jack of plates (similar in construction to a brig) that just fits oh so nice :D

Sir William:
I can fit in just about any time frame given enough time and money (and materials)!  ;)

I have a Visby style coat of plates that I'm liking quite a bit, if only because it fits me so well despite not having been made for me and I can barely tell I'm wearing it by weight alone.  Got it so I could get into harnisfechten with our brethren but I like wearing it about the house too.  lol

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-07-24, 21:14:01 ---Got it so I could get into harnisfechten with our brethren but I like wearing it about the house too.  lol

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version